We had a beautiful Fall, but since Dec. 13th....this is what we have seen. Darrick and I haven't seen this much snow since we've been married. This is what our house and yard has looked like for several weeks now. Between Darrick and I....our driveway and sidewalk got shoveled 6 times yesterday. We had to keep shoveling a path out back so that our dog could get outside to go to the bathroom. For those of you that know our dog, if we hadn't.....he wouldn't have been able to make it out there before he was buried in 13 in. of snow. All that snow on our BBQ....yeah, it's new snow! Look at our piles out front next to the trucks. It's as high as we are. We can't possibly keep piling the snow on.......we are running out of places to put it. The sun has shone all day today and we even made it to the mid 40's. The greatest sound I heard all day was the draining of melting snow from our gutters and downspouts. Sun, keep shining! If you look at the bottom 2 pictures you will see Shay shoveling snow for our neighbor. Shay is so amazing that way. Each year when it snows.....he's the first to put the coat, boots and gloves on and run outside to help shovel neighbors driveways that live around us. Mon. after school he finished his homework and was putting away his coat and backpack when he looked out the window and saw a neighbor of ours shoveling snow. He ran to his room, kicked off his shoes, grabbed his boots, reached for his beanie and coat when I asked "where are you going?" He said so matter of factly "I'm helping that guy shovel his driveway." I laughed inside and watched so proudly as he raced across the street to help our neighbor, but it didn't stop there. He went on to other neighbors homes and back to ours. Then yesterday after school, he again did his homework, bundled up and headed out the door with his friend to shovel snow for others. He was gone for nearly 3 hours! I had many phone calls thanking me for his help! What a kid! Shay we are so proud of you and the service you do for others who have a hard time doing it themselves!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Snow, Snow & More Snow!
We had a beautiful Fall, but since Dec. 13th....this is what we have seen. Darrick and I haven't seen this much snow since we've been married. This is what our house and yard has looked like for several weeks now. Between Darrick and I....our driveway and sidewalk got shoveled 6 times yesterday. We had to keep shoveling a path out back so that our dog could get outside to go to the bathroom. For those of you that know our dog, if we hadn't.....he wouldn't have been able to make it out there before he was buried in 13 in. of snow. All that snow on our BBQ....yeah, it's new snow! Look at our piles out front next to the trucks. It's as high as we are. We can't possibly keep piling the snow on.......we are running out of places to put it. The sun has shone all day today and we even made it to the mid 40's. The greatest sound I heard all day was the draining of melting snow from our gutters and downspouts. Sun, keep shining! If you look at the bottom 2 pictures you will see Shay shoveling snow for our neighbor. Shay is so amazing that way. Each year when it snows.....he's the first to put the coat, boots and gloves on and run outside to help shovel neighbors driveways that live around us. Mon. after school he finished his homework and was putting away his coat and backpack when he looked out the window and saw a neighbor of ours shoveling snow. He ran to his room, kicked off his shoes, grabbed his boots, reached for his beanie and coat when I asked "where are you going?" He said so matter of factly "I'm helping that guy shovel his driveway." I laughed inside and watched so proudly as he raced across the street to help our neighbor, but it didn't stop there. He went on to other neighbors homes and back to ours. Then yesterday after school, he again did his homework, bundled up and headed out the door with his friend to shovel snow for others. He was gone for nearly 3 hours! I had many phone calls thanking me for his help! What a kid! Shay we are so proud of you and the service you do for others who have a hard time doing it themselves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I'm always amazed at our children. They never cease to amaze us don't they! Glad our snow days are over for the next 30 years!
OH my gosh that's a lot of snow!!!!I laughed about shoveling a path for Bruiser (sp?) to go the bathroom.. that's funny! We'll take a foot or two.. it's boring brown, and we want some snow fun if it's going to be cold! That's some intense shoveling.. way to go Shay!
Shay is the bomb! Cory came in the house shivering the day it snowed here and said "Okay, I'm done with the snow now." He wasn't too happy when he woke up the next morning and there was still snow on the ground. Good thing we live in Vegas and won't have to worry about snow again for a while, eh? Hang in there...your snow should be gone by June(ish), right?!:-)
Brrr...That looks really cold! Way to go Shay for being so diligent with helping others. He can be my next door neighbor anytime! :)
Way to go Shay! Service is a great way to help others and yourself become a better person. Keep it up man.
Post a Comment