Tues. night we watched Shay play football in his 1st Chamionship playoff game. Shay recovered a fumble, made some tackles & got to play in a lot of the game. Uncle Eric, Uncle Eric's friend (can't remember his name), Aunt Brenda & Uncle Steve were also there to cheer him on. It was a great evening for an exciting game! They won, and will play again next week. We gathered all our blankets, cameras, drinks, & etc..when we heard someone yell to us "Nate is all bloody!" Darrick & I turned around to see our neighbor/ friend carrying Nate in her arms. My first thought was that 5th time stitches was going to happen tonight. Darrick ran over & I followed right behind. After getting close to him & seeing that it was just a good puncture & that no stitches would be needed....we let our breath out. Our friends 4 year old had thrown a rock at Nate's head & this was the outcome. Knowing that we had to get it all cleaned up & washed out we turned around to find Shay standing there with tears in his eyes asking if he was ok. He kept asking if Nate needed stitches. I smiled & told him all was ok & that he should go huddle up with his team. He walked away hesitantly, looking back every few steps.
Darrick took Nate to the bathroom to clean him up & I walked over to the team to wait for Shay. Shay still teary eyed asked again if Nate was ok. I reassured him all was well.
After getting home & eating dinner...Darrick & I both noticed how Shay wouldn't let Nate out of his sight. We would find Shay sitting down next to him, putting his arm around him, & telling him that the cut looked better and that he would be ok.
I went to tuck them in for the night & found Shay in Nate's bed reading him a story. I found them hours later asleep in Nate's bed with Shay's arms around his little brother.
I guess they do love each other after all!



4 comments:
It's great to see the boys love and care for each other so much-what a pair. Tough boys with soft hearts.
Wow that picture really scared me. I am glad that he is ok, and it is so sweet that Shay was so loving.
When I first saw the picture I thought it was a Halloween gag. That looks horrific!. I'm glad he's okay.
Shay really is his brother's keeper! That is so sweet!
Post a Comment