Thursday, January 1, 2009

Worst movie EVER!

I don't normally do this, because I figure if a movie isn't all that great....I just forget about it. Chalk it up as money gone down the drain, maybe blame the critic or the relative that recommended it, BUT WOW!!!! And I mean WOW!!!!
We decided to go get dinner (which was great) and then catch a movie together. We haven't done a movie without the kids for some time now. We were looking to watch a good, intelligent, thoughtful, feel good movie. Something to recommend to others and really enjoy. How wrong we were about this pick.
Okay....so we started looking up titles. Read a few reviews, made a few phone calls, and decided that "Australia" could maybe fill that criteria. There was one showing in the theatre which was completely sold out. We had to stand in a long line which gave us some confidence that we picked a great movie. WHOA....there are no words to describe the agony that we put ourselves thru. Maybe "I have had better root canals that were shorter in length and less painful." Or, how about me and the fellas get a vasectomy for fun?
Lets just get to the meat of this. The acting was "overdone" and too dramatic in EVERY SCENE. The plot jumped around like my chihuahua on crack. The cinematography was insulting. One minute they were doing blue screen, then poor lighting that looked like a sci-fi movie, you could tell when they were using sets, and tried to mix it all in with some wide screen shots of the most desolate lands that I've ever seen in Australia.
We had to wonder if they were writing the script as they were filming the movie. We couldn't quite get the message that they were trying to portray in this movie. Too many things were going on and bigger stories were being ended in 3 second clips. There were times I wanted to bust out laughing because of how stupid the story line was going. That and the fact that the woman next to Alisha started crying. They couldn't have crammed any more sappy, dramatic, & pointless scenes into this movie.
Nicole Kidman looks like an Alien. I thought her eyes were going to bug out of her head. Lay off the plastic surgery. It's not helping.....you use to be pretty.
Top ten worst movies of all time. 2 1/2 hours of my life that I will not get back.
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....I know what you're saying..."you should have just walked out!" But we wanted it to get better, we needed it to get better. And by the time 2 hours had passed we had to wait the last half hour just to see if they could wrap this train wreck up. I wanted to stand up before we walked out and scream at the top of my lungs "That was the worst freaking movie I have ever seen!" It was amazing. It was amazingly complete in it's horrificness and I will recommend this to noone, except for maybe SATAN!
Thank you for your shoulder to cry on,
Darrick

4 comments:

KG said...

Don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel!:-)

Steve & Brenda said...

I have got to see this movie!!!!!! I have always wanted to go "down under."

Katie said...

I almost saw that movie. I'm so glad we chose bedtime stories instead. Thanks for the heads up!

Roy J. Despain said...

After all of your raving I find it almost remorseful to say I liked it. It was a story with an accent what more do you need. I jumped a foot with the kangaroo scene and the kid was great. And the land down under is fascinating to me.I like Nichole in this one even if her eyes bugged out.
Grandma D