Friday, March 13, 2009

Big Converse Shoes Little Feet

Yesterday morning was like every other school morning. Wake up the kids, feed them breakfast, make them shower, check to see that their clothes match, make beds and rush out the door at just the right min. so that we won't be late! Shay had left to rollerblade with friends to school so it was just Nate and I. The time was closing in on us so we were both hurrying to get ready. Nate had put on shorts and handed me his converse shoes. I helped him get them on and out the door we went. After dropping him off at school and watching him run to class....I thought.....those shoes look so big on his feet. Maybe it's just because they're high top converse's and they have the potential of making ones feet appear larger than normal.
So the day goes on!
I walk down to pick them up from school and as Nate is walking towards me I couldn't help but notice the hugeness of his feet. I thought "why haven't I noticed this before?" I chalked it up to him wearing jeans with them and not seeing him wear them with shorts. As we continued home, I couldn't help but glance down at his feet! What was going on? Why hadn't I noticed this before now? And then it came.........
They were Shay's shoes. They both have black converse shoes!!!!!
I laughed so hard! When I asked Nate if he had on his or Shay's shoes...he looked confused and then laughed out loud saying "I thought my feet had shrunk last night!" It was one of those moments that I wish I could keep for the rest of my life. Nate's tiny hand in mine, walking up the road, wearing too big of shoes for those two little feet, and laughing with one another when the realization came! The look on his face was priceless.

5 comments:

Bronk said...

I love that kid!!! He is sooo funny!!!

Mulder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mulder said...

What a cute story! Those are definitely the kind of memories I hope we can treasure for eternity (and forget all the negative stuff!) Man, we sure to miss you guys and your kids!

Steve & Brenda said...

Nate is awesome! Don't worry buddy, your feet will be fitting those shoes in no time. Great story guys.

Katie said...

How funny he went all day thinking his feet had shrunk. Kids thought processes are hilarious.