Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ward Talent Show!

Friday night was our ward Ice cream social/ talent show. Our acivities commitee does a great job. This year all our kids signed up to demonstrate a talent or display a talent.
Naomi danced her solo (for this year). I signed her up thinking it would give her practice before competition starts. She wasn't real happy with me. She begged me for a week straight not to make her do it. Finally, we said "ok, do what you want." But she came through and even "Thanked" me when it was all over. She did a great job and we are so proud of her. This is her 4th year dancing and she has made incredible strides.
Shay did tricks off his jump on his rollerblades. We set his jump up on the gym floor and he performed 4 different tricks. He did a great job! I will try and post video of it.
Nate displayed some of his bionicles that he has put together along with a ferris wheel made of kynex. He loves to build as I have mentioned before. He stood by the table the whole time, watching carefully over his valuables and explaining how long each model took him to build. He did an amazing job demonstrating for a 7 year old.
It was great to see the many talents in our ward and to be able to watch our own kids participate. Our kids would rather sit back and let someone else get the attention and so we're proud of them for coming out of their shell and performing or demonstrating their talents.

6 comments:

Katie said...

I like that your talent show branched out beyond piano soloists. I think our ward had about 7 with that talent. It's fun to see the diversity in talent among your kids.

Mulder said...

Sounds like fun... brings back great memories of last year's talent show. Wish we could have seen your kids display their talents! We're still likely coming out in April so we'll keep you posted. We would love to come by and catch up!

Danielle Christiansen said...

and did you dance too Alisha? :) You gotta be getting good with all those saturday classes!

Despain said...

No I didn't dance haha. I spared my ward the misery!

Roy J. Despain said...

Hi Guys
I have just been going over your blog and looking at all of the entries. It has been great to see what you have been doing. Sorry that we didn't know about Naomi's hurt leg. I bet her dance was wonderful. It was fun to see the kids at holloween and Christmas and all there fun events. It makes me homesick but I am overjoyed that you are having a good time. I am very proud of all your accomplishments and the good things you do.
Love Grandma D

Steve & Brenda said...

The Despains really are one talented family and we already knew that. Way to go on sharing with others. That's why we are blessed with talents right?