Sunday, July 12, 2009

Red Hot Pink Chicks 1/2 Marathon


Pic. taken around mile 6

Getting close the finish line

Coming in to the finish!

Nate checking out my cool pig medal! :)

Don't know exactly what Gloria was doing,...but this pic. makes me laugh! The whole race Gloria kept me smiling with her laugh!!!

Alexis, Gloria & Me
Picture at the end with some who participated in the 1/2.
We even had 4 men who braved it out with all the red hot pink chicks!!
This race was a really fun race! I had the priviledge of running it with my friend Alexis (1st timer) & her Mom, Gloria (who runs ALOT.) This race was one with NO pressure, lots of pink, and many smiling faces! I talked Alexis into running this race. She basically had 3 weeks to prepare for it. Before training for this race the longest she had ever run was 4 miles. The longest training run we did was 8 miles, but she was willing to keep going. Alexis ran this 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) without stopping for anything. She drank water while running & pushed ahead. She ran an amazing race & I am so glad that her & her Mom decided to run it with me. My friend Susan & her sister Jackie also ran it. This was Jackie's 1st 1/2 marathon as well & I was so happy to see her cross the finish line. Way to go girls!!!!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Alisha!!! Glad all the skinny people running got pig medals!!

Katie said...

That sounds like such a cute race. (If there is such a thing ;) I admire your love for running. I wish I could love it like you. Way to go Red Hot Pink Chick!

Danielle Christiansen said...

way to go girls!!!!!!!!!!