Saturday, September 5, 2009

Spanish Fork 1/2 Marathon





Sept. 5th, 09.
This race was a fun one.
On the drive down it started to rain. My thoughts were "great, here we go." I love to run in the rain, but not without a hat on. The weather cleared up soon after the start of the race. In fact it turned into a beautiful race day. It stayed cloudy, keeping the sun from shining in our eyes. It was perfect.
The course was great. I love running on quiet farming roads where there is a sense of peace & a view so beautiful that you forget you're running. I am so happy to be living in this valley where mountains surround us.
I have found a love of running 1/2 marathons. I can still run them with very little training....and I'm not sore the next day! :)

3 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

wow! you guys are becoming regular old pros.

Mulder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mulder said...

You guys are great examples of mixing fitness and fun. I typically don't have any fun when "fitness" is involved! :) I am riding my bike 4 miles to work and four miles back... that ought to count for something. Maybe I'm up to being a fifth of a man that Darrick is, instead of being a tenth of a man! Hope you guys are doing well!!!