Saturday, September 12, 2009

Camp Yuba Tri.......#4

Swim - Darrick & Chris started together in the swim. This will be Darrick's 4th tri & Chris's 1st. This is the part that makes me sick....when I see them run up the boat dock, that's when I relax a little. So nervous...but here they go!

Darrick running up the boat dock. Whew, the swim is over! (Darrick was 61st out of the water)

Soon after.....Chris arrives, running towards the transition station.

Bike - This pic. was taken when Darrick was coming back from the bike ride & into the transition station. (Darrick was 14th on the bike.....moving ahead)

Chris coming in to transition from the bike ride. No scrapes on either of them...both doing great!

Run - This is Darrick's strength. This is him finishing, but the time on the right is for the Olympic time not Sprint. Darrick's finish time was 1:16. (6th overall....and 1st in his age division.) Amazing, considering it's his 4th! Way to go, great job!

Chris right after his finish. Chris got a 1:30. Both did great & I admire them for racing in these events. I would drown out there. :)
Chris & Darrick right after Chris finished. These two have been through a lot together. More adventures ahead, I'm sure of it!

Darrick with his 1st place medal.


4 comments:

Joel and Breanna said...

That is awesome!!!! congrats! I would never be able to do that... you guys are amazing!

Steve & Brenda said...

Wow Darrick, I either didn't hear your amazing placed finish or wasn't paying attention or something. That is incredible! Congrats on finishing so high. Chris is quite the athlete as well.

Mulder said...

Dude, you are the man!!! Way to go bro!! Are there more runs/triathlons, on the horizon for you all? Just so impressive! We miss you guys!!!

Roy J. Despain said...

Darrick that is unbelievable. I can only imagine how it must make you feel to accomplish such a feet. Is swimming getting easier or are you enduring better? I was also so envious of the Salmon trip. I could almost feel the cold water and smell the fresh air. It is awesome that you guys could all get together.
Love G&G D