Saturday, October 10, 2009

Out of the mouth of Nate

I had to hurry & write a couple of things down that Nate has said in the last week before I forget them. Nate keeps us laughing with all his many questions, and comments.
While we were at Strawberry Res. last weekend, we all hiked down to the river to see the salmon swimming upstream. While trying to find areas that had a lot of salmon in them, we hear Nate call to us. "Hey guys....there's a "buckload" of fish over here!" Naomi & I just laughed....I didn't know you could have a buckload of fish anywhere!!!
Also while we were there he was finding all these flat rocks, and when I asked what he was going to do with them he said "Mom,....I'm going to skip them in the water." Like duh, what else would I do with them? He then skipped rock after rock 4-5 times up the river. When I asked him how he learned to do that neat trick, he said "I just did it." So simple...I guess I should have thought of that. :)
Last, while I was cooking chili this past week I found a post-it next to the pot of chili that read..... "From Nate- to Mom. Never Ever will I eat Chily." I had to leave the room to laugh. Later on, Dad did make him eat his whole bowl of chili although he wasn't happy about it. Tears & pleading to Mom didn't help....Dad had already made it clear that the chili would be gone! So sad! :(

1 comment:

Roy J. Despain said...

What's so bad about chili Nate? I love it. I would be interested to hear what you don't like about chili.
Love G&G D