Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tagged

My friend Karen tagged me.....Here are the answeres I am suppose to answer.........

20 years ago I was...........barely 14 years old living in Henderson NV. I was starting my freshman year at Basic High School. I was terribly shy and had my best friend Rachel connected at my hip. We balanced each other out. She was the outgoing one, I the shy & quiet one. It was the beginning of new friendships that would last for years to come. I thought I knew it all and was only beginning to take on the problems in the world. Choices had to be made and sadly I didn't always make the best ones. Dang, I wish I could go back and change some of them. :-) It was a time of growing up and a time that I should have run far far away from a boy named Shane. haha.

10 years ago I was...........barely 24 and 2 months pregnant with Shay. I was a Mom to a 3 year old and busy learning how to shuffle running a construction business & being a full time Mom. We lived in a home that we were constantly improving and life seemed great. My memories of that time were working on our home and improving our yard, adding new things each summer to it. I loved watching Naomi grow and learn new things. At only 3 you could carry on adult conversations with her and it was hard for me to keep up. haha. It's sad how time flies by so quickly.

5 years ago I was..........barely 29 and busy with 3 kids. Naomi had just started 4th grade, Shay kindergarten & Nate was home with me being only a 1 1/2 years old. That year is full of memories and experiences that made me stronger. That was a time of reflection on who I was, who I wanted to become and how I was going to achieve it. We had bought this home we now live in and I was serving as 1st couneselor in the Young Women's Presidency in our new ward. 5 years ago was when I stumbled across a great person named Kim who has changed my life for the better and has become a permanent fixture in my life and my families life.

3 years ago I was..........barely 31 and getting ready to hike "north rim to south rim" of the grand canyon. What an awesome experience that was. I did it with 3 other incredible women and words cannot express that experience. A lot of pain came afterwards though. :-) I was starting to train for the SLC marathon with my now running partner and friend Susan. I also talked my great friend Karen (from vegas) into training and running it with me. What a trooper she was. How thankful I am that we were able to have this experience together. Nate started preschool and thought he was as big as his sister and brother. Life was running smoothly and busy.

Yesterday I was........celebrating my 34th birthday. It started with a nice run in the morning, followed by hugs and kisses from my kids and hubby wishing me a happy birthday. Yesterday was a great day spending time with good friends and great family. The day consisted of visits from friends, phone calls from family, lunch with Susan (celebrating both our b-days, since hers was on the 24th), dinner with the my family and cake and ice-cream with Brenda & Steve who took the time to bake me a cake. I felt loved by lots of people and I want to tell them all thank you!

Next year......I am going to become better organized. I am going to be better prepared in all things. I am going to strive to be a more patient person. I am going to look for opportunities to serve others. I am going to be a better neighbor and a better friend. I am going to continue setting goals for myself and working to achieve them. I am going to take more "time outs" and not let the world pass me by so quickly. I am never going to be "too busy" to talk, play or read to my kids. I want to make memories for those I love. I want people who know me.....to know how much I care about them!

4 comments:

KG said...

Now wasn't it fun to answer those questions?! Hope you had a very happy birthday! Sounds like you did!

Steve & Brenda said...

I loved reading this post from you Alisha. I knew you were "driven" but not to that extent. I am glad we could spend time with you on your birthday, it was fun. You could still pass for a 25-yr old ya know!-SM

Mulder said...

Happy late B-day Alisha from all of us here! Sounds like a wonderful day full of family and friends... and crazy running! :)

Darrick, I hope you know that despite my outward CSU appearance, I bleed blue and white... I know you have a strong testimony and I hope you talked to the Bishop about it. Oh, and bow chica bow wow right back at ya big boy!

seesuerun said...

Wow, you're amazing ya know. I wish other people could spend the time talking to you like I do when we do our long runs. Your inspiring!