We had a very busy Sat.
Sat. morning we got ready for Steve's Baptism. I have never been to a baptism where someone was being rebaptized. It was amazing....the Spirit was so strong and of course we love Steve. We were all so happy for him on this special day! We know that he has gone thru a lot and we welcome him back! Yeah!!!!!
After the baptism...Brenda and Steve had us back to their place for a luncheon. We had to hurry and feed the kids, feed ourselves, pick up Grandma Bufton, change clothes and get Naomi ready in hair, make-up, costume, etc while we headed up North to the Festival of Trees. Naomi and her dance team performed their Christmas dances and Naomi was able to dance. Yeah! WE are glad she is feeling lots better and able to perform once again. Her team and the other teams did great.
We walked around and looked at all the trees that are donated for this occasion. If you don't know what the festival of trees is.........it's a chritmas favorite around here. People donate trees that are decorated, gifts, wreaths, gingerbread houses, etc for display. People then buy these trees and all donations go to the Primary Children's Hospital here in SLC. All proceeds (entry fee, donations, food) go to the hospital. It is an awesome sight and the building is huge and full of all these amazing trees usually dedicated to a loved one who has died of cancer or has been a patient of Primary Children's. It is emotional as you walk around and see pictures displayed of those who have passed away. It is also amazing to see how many trees have been sold and how many times you see the same family name that has purchased these trees. I love Christmas and the Spirit that comes out in everyone during this time of year.
We then met Darrick's family at a restaurant in SLC for dinner. We had a great dinner and were planning on heading to Temple Square to see the lights when we found out that Darrick's brother's van had been broken into. They broke the passenger front window, stole my sister in laws purse and cell phone, their daughters coat and a brand new can of formula. There is nothing that upsets me more than people stealing from others. After cleaning up the glass from inside and outside of the van and taping platic in the window...we decided to call it a night and headed home. Sorry guys!
Sun. night we had several of Darrick's cousins over for Soup and Hot Rolls. It was fun to see them and visit with them.
Today I am watching it snow outside. Luckily it's not sticking to the ground, but I can say without a doubt....I am not ready for snow. We have had such beautiful weather and I was hoping it would last.
There's our weekend in a nutshell!



5 comments:
We wish we could of been there!!!! I can't believe What happened to Betsy!!! By the way was Spencer there, it looks like his head is in the background of one of the pictures.
What a weekend! It sounds like you need another weekend just to recoup.:)
I didn't think crime happened in Utah! Shocking!:-) Hopefully the cops catch the theives. What a drag! Did you have hot rolls with the soup, or is "Hot Rolls" the name of a recipe?
I have really cute pictures of naomi at the festival of trees. Email me at dmcstudiosalon@yahoo.com so I can have your email to send them to you. I got better pictures of her then my own kids. lol
You would have been at Temple Square the same time my Mom, Dad and Jared and Callie, and Laurel were there. That is to bad about there car. I wish people would just buck up and go get a job.
That is awesome about the baptism, what a wonderful experience to witness.
Post a Comment