Friday, November 21, 2008

Injury update!

Naomi visited a sports medicine doctor today who we thought did an awesome and thorough job examining her. After twisting....lifting....and prodding several areas around her hips and legs they decided to take 2 more x-rays after examining her other x-rays and seeing something in them they wanted to get a closer look at. I have a hard time seeing anything but the bone in x-rays....so I trusted their judgement. After the others were taken and the doctor brought them up on the screen....I couldn't believe the things we were able to see. So cool!! Anyways, she said that Naomi had stretched her secondary growth plate (?) and with another week off dance and some stretching exercises done at home, she should be able to perform at her next dance performance on the 6th of Dec. We were so relieved it wasn't anything more serious and anything that would have kept her out of dance. She's still really sore but that is improving slowly! We're crossing out fingers and hoping for the best in the next coming weeks.

4 comments:

Danielle Christiansen said...

thank goodness it was nothing to serious. We hope she will recover soon.

Katie said...

I'm glad you gave us an update. I was wondering what the dr. said. Sounds like she's on her way to a full recovery. Yeah!

Steve & Brenda said...

We are so glad Naomi will dance again! We love her performances and are glad that her pain is subsiding. Get better Noms and we love you!

seesuerun said...

What a relief to know. It still sounds like it hurts though!