Monday, November 3, 2008

What I have learned from Running

Susan tagged me on this one and I thought I would explore my thoughts on Running. So here it goes.......


* I learned 5 years ago that I could push my body in running
* Side cramps do go away with training and thru breathing
* Having a small snack before a run helps with the energy levels
* Drinking water is a must for all runs over 8 miles
* I can run a marathon......or two!
* The best thing I can do for my body is train for a marathon & the worst thing I can do is run it.....so the studies say! ( I decided to run)
* I have at least an hour to think about problems and how to solve them.
* I love having a running partner to break up the miles
* Deep conversations and thoughts come up during a run
* It's a time to reflect on God's creations
* I can run in sun or snow, and still love the high of it
* I release stress
* I love the sound of feet hitting the pavement
* I love the freedom I feel while running
* I reflect on the blessing of having two legs to run on and a strong heart
* It's a time to reflect on my life and what goals I need to achieve
* I get to burn lots of calories
* It makes me feel good about myself
* I want to help others thru exercise
* I have learned to just "wave and smile" at honks that come our way
* I have learned that running in the dark is frightening and calming at the same time. (It would take too long to explain!)
* I carry pepperspray on solo runs and early morning "dark" runs
* Plastic bags don't bite (inside joke)
* It's become a BIG part of who I am
* It makes me a better Mom & Wife
* I love to run!

5 comments:

A New Decade of Health said...

WOW! I wish I was as passionate about something as you are. You Go Girl!

seesuerun said...

I wish I could just copy and paste yours over to my blog. Well said.

kristin said...

Girl you have empowered me. I need some motivation to get going, maybe you could be my long distance coach. Keep up the awesome work, you look great.

KlassenKlan said...

I loved this! I feel all these things about exercise in general. I went for a beautiful run in the foothills the other day. The sky was bright blue, falls colors blanketed the valley and I ran through some low lying clouds as birds crossed my line of site. It was awesome! What a great gift we have in our health! Thanks for the thoughts.

Katie said...

I wish I loved running like you do. I can't wait until it's over. Maybe I should try a more positive thought process. You have enlightened me :)