Today as I was driving around and running errands....I found myself thinking about Thanksgiving and all the many things I am thankful for. I love this time of year, the changing of seasons (even though I am hoping to skip over winter, or at least the snow!), the holiday cheer that's in the air, and the time to reflect on our lives once again as we get ready for a new year! Time just goes by too quickly. I find myself stopping occasionally and just looking at my kids, my husband, our lives....what we want to achieve.....what we need to do better at.....and if there is a way to just "stop" time. My kids are growing up to quickly and even though it's exciting to enter new changes in our lives....it scares me to think they'll just keep growing.....and eventually leave. Oh No!!!!
Today has been one of those "stopping to think" days and I just wanted to list the things that I am thankful for:
*My Savior and his atoning sacrifice! And a Heavenly Father who knows me!
*My husband who brings so much light to my life. He is one of the hardest workers I know. He is one of the most giving men out there. He is such an example to me and makes me a better person. And he does nice stuff for me all the time! (brownie points)
*My kids. They are my life. They bring more happiness to my life than I thought possible. Even after bad days with them....I go to bed happy and having a desire to be a better Mom to them. They are all so unique and beautiful and I am so grateful for them.
*My extended family. For the relationships and love that we have with one another. The blessing of having others care about you and be there for you thru good and bad. The memories that we make and can take with us when we're apart.
*My health. I have often taken my health for granted, but watching others go through trials and pain....I am thankful for each and every day that I have to be active and free of sickness.
*Good friends. I find myself blessed with those that we call our friends. They are a big part in our lives. It's nice to have friends close to share time, stories, football games, movies, dinner, etc....with! I am also thankful for those friends back home who I have been able to keep in touch with and those I have recently been reaquainted with.
*A home that provides warmth, shelter, love, memories and that holds our family close and tight.
*And then all the big "small" things we take for granted each and every day. The sun rising, food that fills our bellies, cars that get us places, work that we have, air that we breathe, teachers who teach my children, neighbors who watch out for us, running water, DISHWASHERS, electricity, beautiful mountains, money to pay for all our material possesions and banks to keep the money safe (most of the time :-). I could go on and on but neither you or I have that time.
I challenge each of you that reads this....to stop....and think about all the blessings in your life and the things that make you happy....and take a minute to just be thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
You always inspire me.
I love your post! We have so much to be thankful for.
Post a Comment