Thursday, April 30, 2009

Adult Dance Class


This is Stefani....my dance teacher! She has done a great job with all of us who haven't danced in a very long time. It has been great fun to dance again!

On the left is Ellie & her baby Lily. She is Naomi's Ballet teacher & on the right is Alexis & her baby Adilynn....Naomi's other dance teacher and owner of Front & Center Dance Academy

Across the back is Me, Gloria, Natasha, Sara & Stefani. In the front is Ellie & Alexis. Our little group!!!!

When Alexis posted that they would be starting an Adult dance class in Jan. I hesitated to join because it had been over 17 years since I danced. But after going back and forth with the idea....I decided what the heck....I'll do it. I have loved every practice! I have embarressed myself in front of these ladies, but have learned so much. I am so glad that I have had this opportunity to dance again. Dance was my love when I was young....and I have found that there's still a huge part of me that still likes to get out there and let go. It doesn't come easy anymore that's for sure, & it can be frustrating doing things like simple turns that make me feel clumsey, but it's coming back, slowly but surely. I now appreciate watching Naomi dance....and find myself being less of a critique to her now. Our group will be performing in the end of year recital this year. Wish us luck & pray hard for us. We'll need all of it! It's hard people!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go Alisha! It sounds like a lot of fun.

Danielle Christiansen said...

I wish so badly I could have been part of that class. I badly miss dance. However, I am looking forward to sitting in the audience watching you guys. You will do great!

Debbie said...

Awesome! I can imagine the frustration with not being as good as you remember being, but I bet it won't take long! SO fun!