A little push...and off he goes. I'm not saying it was that simple though. Santa had brought Nate that cool "tonka" bike when he was almost 4 years old. The bike was looked at, checked over, and put in the garage where it would stay for the next 3 1/2 years. Oh wait...he did take off the training wheel 2 years ago when he was going to attempt to ride it by himself......and it never happened! :) So here he is 7 1/2 years old, and learning just now how to ride his bike that is now too small for him. Oh well. As parents, we learn to just let things go.....it's not worth the fight. I guess I should mention that this was not Nate's idea, but Dad's "fed up with the bike taking up space in the garage" moment. Tears were cried, pleads were made to Mom (to make Dad leave him alone), but in the end he got on, he pedaled.....he rode!!!!!
*Note - we've got to work on the steering part...haha!



2 comments:
That is hilarious! I have never heard of a kid refusing to learn how to ride a bike. Way to go Nate! Thanks for teaching me about the fonts. I knew it had to be something simple I was overlooking.
Way to go Nate-what a bike riding stud you are now! Woohoo!!!
Post a Comment