Nate wasn't as quick to get out of bed this morning like brother & sister. He eventually wandered out of his room & laid back down on the couch watching morning cartoons before eating breakfast. Nate is our picky guy. He knows what he wants to wear & what shoes he wanted to buy for school. Believe me...it took 2 different trips to the mall to find them. :) After getting dressed he asked over & over again if it was time for school yet. Not yet I would reply. Not more than 20 sec. would go by & the question was asked again. I couldn't wait for 8 a.m. to come so that we could move outside for some pictures & head to school to meet his teacher. On the way to school Nate explained to me how he'd like to go by "Nathan" this year & not Nate. He's so funny! We call him both names & it's never been an issue but I told him I would pass the word on to his teacher. We met Mrs. Thurgood (who had been Shay's 2nd grade teacher) at the door & she welcomed him in with a big "Hello, Nate!" She then went on to tell him how she had talked to his 1st grade teacher who said he liked to be called Nate. Nate looked at her & then over to me. I explained to her that he wanted to be called Nathan this year. She laughed, apologized for writing Nate on most of his papers, & promised to call him Nathan if that's what he wanted. I told her afterwards that he goes by both & not to worry about it....he'd answer to either name. :) I don't know if being in 2nd grade has brought on an older attitude, or if he just simply wants to be called Nathan, but either or....he's cute!
After school he ran over to the car to ask if he could walk home with 2 girls. I told him yes, followed closely behind, & regretted not bringing a camera. He made sure he walked between them & got mad when he discovered me following along!



3 comments:
Your post has gotten me so excited for our first day! Hard to believe your little girl is in high school. I don't blame you for crying :)
You all look great going back to the classroom. Nathan, Shay, and Naomi are all growing up too dang fast! Good luck this year guys, we are proud of you.
so the official word has been recieved. We will throw away Nate and now address this older and wiser grandson as Nathan. If I slip up my old little Nate just remind me that you are now grown up. It will hard to let you because you were such an adorable little Nate. It is sure that wisdom and age will only improve what once was. Love G&G D
Post a Comment