Karen & Susan tagged me with this fun little activity....can you read the "enthusiasm" in my words? :-)I don't do many of these, but I thought this one would dig deep and be entertaining!
1. I love having good hygiene. I LOVE brushing my teeth. I do it several times a day. It's the first thing I do in the morning. I can't stand the feeling of anything on my teeth or a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not saying I never have bad breath (in case you have smelled it before) but I'm the first person to do something about it. I tell my kids over and over again to brush their teeth....half the time they don't listen to me. I love the taste of a clean "minty" mouth.
2. Before going to bed I have to have the dishes done and laundry folded even when my husband is begging me to watch a movie with him. He tells me to sit down and relax....who can relax when there's dishes to get done. Sometimes I give in and watch a movie letting the dishes sit until morning....big mistake. I really don't like starting my morning off looking at dishes in the sink when I have breakfast to make. I like to start from a clean slate.
3. I love to drive around in a clean truck with clean windows. I'm quirky about having little hand prints all over the windows. I know that those little hand prints will get bigger and eventually leave and that I should enjoy them.....but I CAN'T! Out comes the windex and the towel and "swipe" they are gone. After cleaning my windows I warn the kids over and over Not to touch the windows or press their foreheads against it. I wish that warning worked on our front glass door as well.
4. It's hard for me to take a compliment......Is that quirky? I can never just say "thank you." I have to argue with that person about it, or disagree with them. Why? I've got to get over that one.
5. I hate being smacked on the butt! I think it brings back memories of being spanked over and over again as a child by my parents who said it was only out of love! (I am TOTALLY kidding..... and will be in big trouble from them when they read this.) Honestly I don't know why I hate this so much but it's one of those things. My kids have been trained not to smack Mom on the behind....EVER! They are good listeners and learners! :-)
6. It really bothers me to see people chew their food with their mouths open. Mainly if they are chompers! I don't seem to mind if people talk a little with food in their mouth as long as their polite while doing it. I probably seem like a broken record to my kids with my reminders of "chewing with their mouths closed." I do have to admit that I love to chew gum and most of the time I am polite with my gum chewing but when I am concentrating on something (like doing my daughters hair and make-up for a dance competition) I tend to really chomp that gum and my daughter takes every opportunity to remind me of MY bad behavior. :-) Go figure! The gum usually ends up in the garbage.
Okay...so this was harder than I thought. I asked my husband and daughter to help me out. Darrick said that I didn't have any quirks, besides the one about the dishes and laundry. He said I was too easy going....see....that's why I married him! I really don't have too many quirks, and I'm not sure if all of these mentioned are quirks or pet peeves. There's a difference, but I hope you enjoyed reading some of mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I never knew you were so quirky! :)I am with you on the dishes getting done before bed. I start my day grumpy if I see a sink full of dishes from the night before. I feel I'm already two steps behind and the day just started.
Post a Comment