Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Friendship & Flowers

After returning home from having lunch at Olive Garden with the "lunch bunch" in my ward and running last minute errands, I was surprised to find a note on my door explaining that flowers had been delivered while I was out , and had been left at my neighbors home. What caught my attention was that the note left on my door said "To: Alisha, Darrick & Susan." I knew it had something to do with our upcoming marathon since it was addressed to the 3 of us, but I had no idea who would send us flowers. To my surprise as well as the others......it had come from two great people who Susan and I have met thru a powertone class that we attend at BYU. It is truly amazing who you come in contact with in this journey we call life. I feel blessed to be surrounded by great people & to have opportunities to meet wonderful people like Ross & Helen who thoughtfully sent flowers to the three of us with a message of "Good Luck on your marathon!"

5 comments:

Bronk said...

Yeah!!! That is so awesome and thoughtful! They sound like great people. I went out to my garden to pick you all some flowers too, but all that was there was this dead green pepper plant. Sorry! Good Luck anyway!!! :)

Tracey said...

Hi Alisha,

Of course I remember you, I had no idea that you and Karen were friends. Don't you keep in contact with Tisa still?
Where are you living now?
Tracey

Mulder said...

I sent you all flowers, inhalers, and a check for 150.00... didn't you get all that as well? :) Good luck again with the run, we are so excited to hear about it!!!!

Tracey said...

Yeah I saw Tisa when she came, she is sooooo cute!!! She is supposed to be starting a blog. I know she is really busy.
Your husband looks so familiar. Did he grow up in Henderson?
You have a gorgeous family and I totally admire you for running a marathon, good luck on your big one!!

Debbie said...

SO..... DID YOU BOTH SURVIVE??? We're dying to hear out it went for you guys!!!! The public wants to know!