Today my Grandpa Bufton would have been turning 81 years old. He passed away just a little over 4 years ago and we still miss him. Time goes by so quickly. He was an important person in my life, my families life and all those who knew him. I miss his laugh and the way he'd answer the phone. He had the most welcoming "Hello" I have ever heard. I loved to call just to hear that one word. He made everyone around him feel loved and accepted. He gave everything he had to others. I remember so many little details of my grandpa. I wish I could write them down, but I'm afraid there would be no end. I guess you can say this is a tribute to the person he was while here on earth. He left this life too early. If you knew him you'd know what I mean....but cancer took over and we know that he was needed home back with those who passed before him and back with his Father in Heaven. We know he is busy doing work over there. He wouldn't be happy if there wasn't lots of work to do. Even though he is no longer among us, he lives in our hearts and our memories and I just wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday! I miss you Grandpa!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Happy Birthday Grandpa
Today my Grandpa Bufton would have been turning 81 years old. He passed away just a little over 4 years ago and we still miss him. Time goes by so quickly. He was an important person in my life, my families life and all those who knew him. I miss his laugh and the way he'd answer the phone. He had the most welcoming "Hello" I have ever heard. I loved to call just to hear that one word. He made everyone around him feel loved and accepted. He gave everything he had to others. I remember so many little details of my grandpa. I wish I could write them down, but I'm afraid there would be no end. I guess you can say this is a tribute to the person he was while here on earth. He left this life too early. If you knew him you'd know what I mean....but cancer took over and we know that he was needed home back with those who passed before him and back with his Father in Heaven. We know he is busy doing work over there. He wouldn't be happy if there wasn't lots of work to do. Even though he is no longer among us, he lives in our hearts and our memories and I just wanted to wish him a Happy Birthday! I miss you Grandpa!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What a nice tribute to your Grandpa! How wonderful to have so many great memories of him.
Sounds like Grandpa was a great man. I wish I could have met him before he left.
Steve
Post a Comment