Tuesday, October 21, 2008
I taught my 1st "where people pay" Group Exercise Class!
Some of you may already know, but during this past year I have received certifications to be an instructor in group exercise and also to be a personal trainer. I have taught aerobics at the church for women in our ward on and off for several years. Susan convinced me to get my certifications in both of these areas. Even after receiving these certifications....I didn't know if I would use them right away. I started teaching again at the church 2 days a week hoping to use the women of my ward as guinea pigs and establish some fun workout routines. I have loved teaching them. They are awesome and faithful in their coming to class. I have also been a T.A. for 2 semesters now for a class that I have taken at BYU for the last couple of years. It's an early morning Powertone (body sculpting) class that I attend 2 times a week. (Same 2 days that I teach at the church....double work out days, which means bad eating days...oops.) Well.......the instructor was leaving on a trip with her family and asked if I would teach one of the days.......Scarey! I told her yes and have stressed inside about it over the last couple of weeks. This may sound strange but I was only worried about the warm-up, because it is choreographed where everything else is just repetitions in different muscle groups using different weights. I also had to stand on a platform at the front of the gym and wear a microphone....yes a microphone. You may be thinking...Well how did it go? It was great and it was fun. I am glad that I was given this opportunity to teach a gym full of people and get the "1st time" over with. Next time I won't be so nervous! Even if you could care less about the above.....thanks for reading anyways! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Alisha you rocked! Man I am sore. You are a great instructor. I am so glad I finally have someone to go to who really knows what they are doing.
That's awesome!!, that's so cool you get to be the 'real deal', Way to go for actually doing it!!
Way to go Alisha! Richard Simmons better watch out :-) there's a new girl in town! ha ha
That's awesome! I tried it once at our ward exercise and it was way harder than it looked. Needless to say I won't do that again! And I always like reading your blog cuz it's so fun to catch up!
Post a Comment